I posted yesterday about starting a Herman Friendship Cake. If you haven’t been given one yet, and you are too impatient to wait to be given one, you can start your own very easily. You don’t need many ingredients and it is really simple to do.
- 1 cup/5oz plain flour
- 1 cup/8oz castor sugar
- 1 1/2 packet of active dry yeast
- 10 fl oz/Half a pint of warm milk
- 2 fl oz/60ml of warm water
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water for 10 minutes then stir.
- Sift the flour and place in a bowl. Add the sugar.
- Add the yeast mixture into the flour and sugar and stir.
- Slowly stir in the warm milk.
- Cover the bowl with a cloth/teatowel
- Leave in a cool dry place for 24 hours
- Now proceed from day one of the 10 day cycle
Why don’t you give it a go?