Since announcing pregnancy number 3, I find I’m being asked a lot of the same questions. Some of them I find, quite frankly, inappropriate.
I shall list some of the more frequently asked ones below, and I shall let you choose for yourself whether you class them as appropriate or not.
- Was it planned? No.
- Are you pleased? Yes
- DId you want a third to try for a girl? No
- Are you hoping it’s a girl? No. I’m hoping for a healthy baby.
- But you want a girl don’t you? No. I’m hoping for a healthy baby.
- But a girl would be nice wouldn’t it? Yes. But I’m hoping for a healthy baby.
- When are you due? Early August.
- You’re going to have your hands full, aren’t you? Yes.
- But what about your new job? I plan to take maternity leave and then go back.
- Where are you going to put it? In a cot most likely.
- But Neil works from home, doesn’t that mean they will have to share? Yes, probably.
- Is it going to be your last? I don’t know. Zack was going to be our last. We might have a football team yet.
Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head, but you get the general idea. We are pleased. We think it’s good news. Four years ago I got diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma and didn’t know whether I’d still be here, so quite frankly, the fact that I am, and I’ve been lucky enough to have Zack, and now another baby, well, bring it on.